[Elfsea] Mom's condition

kristid2001 at yahoo.com kristid2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 16:08:18 PST 2003

Hello all.

As you all know, my mom Pat has been battling breast cancer for almost two years. Due to myriad health problems, she could not recieve chemotherapy or radiation. She's been free of problems for over 12 months.

At a routine visit on Dec.17, the doctor found a lump (T2) that had not been present at her oncology exam two weeks before. It was removed on Dec. 24. It was malignant. On Jan 14, they found another cancer (T2) one inch away from the incision site of Dec. 24. It too was malignant. She had an MRI and CT scan done Jan 15 and 16.

Today they told her that the cancer has spread to her her bones. It is very agressive, and hormone receptive, meaning it is feeding off the estrogen present in her body. We have not recieved a copy of the lab results yet, but she will start chemotherapy this week.

Her father died of this same cancer. She took care of him for 8 years while he wasted away. She is very scared. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I would appreciate it if people would call her and give her some encouragement. Her phone number is 254-965-3298. Your support means a lot to her, and to the rest of our family.

Thank you.

Kristi Delk

AKA Cairistiona nic Laren, DFT