[Elfsea] Queen's Feast

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Jan 27 07:30:57 PST 2003

I believe Queen's Champion and its sideboard were both a great success.
As feastocrat, I would like to thank those who made the sideboard what
it was. These people worked hard all day (and some worked all day Friday
doing prep work) to make this happen

Caius - worked the kitchen with his normal professionalism and worked
the serving table during breaks. We had to force him to sit down and eat
and drink. He also did most of the loading/unloading Friday and
pots and pans and food ingredients.

Elizabeth - she worked all day at a high level. She spent several nights
prior to the event cooking breads to nearly done. Then on Saturday, she
prepped the bread and finished cooking it. She was also responsible for
the salads which were very popular.

Acelan - worked long hours on Friday frying up the trout for the trout
salad and helping package all the food for transport. Without her the
prep would have been exhausting. She also worked most of the day
Saturday doing whatever needed doing (and that was a lot). She spent a
good part of the day working the serving line.

Brigit - worked in the kitchen much of the day Saturday doing whatever
needed doing.

Seamus - organized the serving area and managed the serving line all day
Saturday. Also ran to the store to get a couple of missing items without
which the feast could not happen. Note: the site has a great kitchen,
but it has NO pots, pans, cooking utensils, serving utensils, or even
can openers. Luckily, I always come prepared for much missing stuff, but
this was still stretching our capabilities.

Stella - pounded and cut chicken all day Friday and resisted the
temptation to leg it (heavy fighter joke). Then she showed up Saturday
ready to cook. She also did whatever needed doing. It is really nice to
have so many people who (1) WILL do anything you need and (2) CAN do
anything you need.

Kerrick - worked the serving line for much of Saturday.

Crandall - who ran the Waterbearer station which became the drink
station for the serving line. He also worked in the kitchen between
Waterbearing and being the Chirurgeon in Charge for the event. Prior to
the event, he provided transport to get the cream and eggs for the crème
brule.

Pyro - who (like she as done at all the feasts for Elfsea and Steppes
this year) single handedly washed all the dishes, utensils, pots, and
pans as we went. And with the lack of local stuff, we had to reuse
everything immediately, so she washed many things over and over
throughout the day. Standing in one place with your hands alternatively
in hot water and bleach water all day is not fun. She also helped with
the logistics and prep work for the week before the event. The crème
brule took until 3AM on Wednesday night.

Thanks to you all. It could not have happened without your efforts. If I
missed anyone, it is because my mind is custard, not because your
contribution was insignificant. Please let me know if you were missed.

In service,
HL Caelin on Andrede
Feastocrat for 2003 Queen's Champion