[Elfsea] Questions for Candidates

Joe Pelfrey joepelfrey at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 19:59:54 PDT 2003

>After sitting back and observing listening and reading the questions and
>answers posted on the list I decided to post several of my own. The
>following questions need to be thought about but not necessarily answered
>in a public forum so feel free to answer privately if you wish.
>
>1. Have the Candidates read Copora and Kingdom law

Yes, we both have read Corpora and Kingdom Law along with other SCA rules
and guidelines.

>2. Have the Candidates read the sections in Corpora and Kingdom law
>regarding the responsibilities of Landeds?

Yes.

>3. What are your short and long term goals in the SCA?

One of William’s primary goals has always been Knighthood.  Ivanhoe and
Richard Lionheart are some of the influences to him joining the SCA.  A bad
knee sidelined him for a few years, but thanks to technology (knee brace)
and desire (losing a few pounds) he is able to resume fighting.

Cassandra’s goals are to continue serving the Barony, working hard and
having fun.  Her greatest joy in the SCA is working with a group of people
and having fun, such as kitchen duty.  In order to attain this, she works
for a happy and healthy Barony.

Some short-term goals for each of us would be to continue the work we have
begun with regards to our artistic pursuits.  William has entered arts and
science competitions with both his cooking and ironwork.  He would like to
keep working on new projects and entering competitions.  Cassandra has a
newfound interest in sewing.  Her Italian Ren garb isn’t necessarily
conducive to chasing Jared around.  She has begun working on late 14th/early
15th century garb.

>4. How will being B&B affect your goals?

A couple of points would be that we would have a greater exposure in
assisting others with attaining their goals.  This is a major source of
satisfaction for Cassandra and one that she looks forward to with
anticipation.  The second is only a lessening in the opportunities for
entering competitions and tournaments.  However, there are still plenty of
ways to show skill both martially and artistically.

>5. How will your Goals affect your job as B&B?

As stated above, we will have greater exposure to assist people.

>6. To those candidates who have children, how do your kids feel about you
>putting in for the hats? (this affects them to)

Jared isn’t terribly cognizant of what is going on.  All he knows is that we
get dressed up and he gets to spend time with some really great people.

>7. How do you define the roll and responsibilities of the Baron and
>Baroness of Elfsea?

The Baron and Baroness serve the Barony.  As the Crown’s representative,
they give the populace a direct link to their Majesties both day-to-day and
through courtly functions.  They assist with the various projects that the
group chooses to undertake.  The Baron and Baroness provide another set of
eyes with regards to making sure that the Barony is happy and healthy.

>8. Why to you want to be my Baron and Baroness?

We wish to serve the Barony in a greater capacity.

>Tristan

William and Cassandra