[Elfsea] Update on Morgan's Open House

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 12:52:26 PDT 2003

Hi, y'all:

Well, I had to find something in the garage so started moving things into the house.  And I have things sent by my parents.  Because people have been writing to ask me what there will be, here is a rough idea:

1)    Luggage (including tote bags, duffel bag, backpack, and suitcases)
2)    Clothing (mostly small women's sizes, some for average but thin women)
3)    Garb (maybe) - I do have several items from Chivalry Sports that are not the right size, and they won't let me return them.  So if you know skinny children......
4)    Yarn - lots.  Some designer, some basic, some natural fibers (100% wool, 100% cotton, blends of wool, cotton, silk, mohair, whatever), some acrylic.  A couple kits.  Some on cones for weaving or machine knitting or people who don't like knots, and some of this is pretty thick, like macramé cord or thin rope.  Yes, Pyro, the Alpalima still has your name on it.
5)    Fabric - some SCA-OK, some other kinds as well.  Mostly cotton and lighter things, some wool or blends.  I think there is trim, but won't swear to it.
6)    Hairbands
7)    Radios - two, they work.  I don't need six.
8)    Books - history, needlework, cooking, all kinds.  Found I have a lot of duplicates.  None more than $10.00.
9)    Boxes, trays, a big pot with lid and inserts, and assorted other items.

I have to wait and hear when the Artisan site walkthrough is scheduled, hopefully that will not also be on Sunday afternoon.  I am planning to have the door open midafternoon until darkish.  Seamus is supposed to be here working on the recipes for Artisan as well.

So, stay tuned for confirmation on date and time, hopefully I will know after the Steppes Business Meeting tonight.

                                            ---= Morgan

" One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
  exciting discoveries."                                         ---=  A. A. Milne
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)