[Elfsea] Herbal Guild Meeting -- Monday, July 14, 2003

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Sun Jul 13 21:49:53 PDT 2003

Good Gentles,

The July Herbal Guild Meeting will be held at Lady Nuala's home on
Monday, July 14, 2003 beginning at 7:30 P.M.  At this meeting, we will be
making dream pillows.  These are small fabric pillows filled with
aromatic herbs to promote good sleep and lovely dreams.

We ask that you bring your own fabric pillows and we will have herbs,
essential oils, etc. to fill them.  Typically, these are made from muslin
or linen.  Instructions are appended below directions.

We will have iced tea & lemonade and possibly some snacks (need to check
the larder!).  Any contributions of snacks and/or drinks will be
gratefully accepted.

Our meetings are great fun and we hope to see you there!

In service to the dream,

Lady Fionnuala the Fey "Nuala"
(MKA Elizabeth Peters)
Directions

Our House
Directions from Carrollton-Lewisville Area
Take I-35E south. At the Loop 12 – I-35E split, take Loop 12 south. The
three right lanes exit to Loop 12. After you pass I-30, there are two (2)
exits for Jefferson. You will take the second Jefferson exit, which is
Jefferson east. There will be a signal for Loop 12 on the east side of
the bridge. The third signal after that is Westmoreland Road. Turn right
on Westmoreland. On your right is a church (it is on the corner of
Jefferson & Westmoreland). After you turn the corner, there are two (2)
entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the
church building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn
right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across
from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the
front yard.
Please be aware that if you come this way, there is a lot of construction
at the I-30 underpass.  The street surface is very rough and there are
lots of barricades. Take I-35E south. Exit Mockingbird and turn right
(west). Mockingbird becomes Westmoreland after you cross the Trinity.
After you go under I-30, you will have signals at the following
intersections, Fort Worth Avenue, Davis Street and Jefferson Boulevard.
After you cross Davis, get in the right lane. After you cross Jefferson,
you will see a church on the corner on your right. There are two (2)
entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the
church building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn
right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across
from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the
front yard.
>From Downtown, Mesquite, etc.
Take your best route to I-30 west. Exit at the first Sylvan exit and turn
left at the light. Please note that the second Sylvan exit is closed for
the foreseeable future. I think Jefferson is the fifth signal. (There is
one signal on the other side of I-30, then Kings Highway, Davis
Street,Tenth Street then Jefferson Boulevard.) Turn right on Jefferson.
Westmoreland is the fifth (I hope!?) light. In any event, after you cross
Hampton Road (signal at this intersection), the next signal will be
Westmoreland Road. Turn left on Westmoreland. You will see a church on
the corner on your right. There are two (2) entrances to the church’s
parking lot. The first one is at the end of the church building and the
second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn right into the second
parking lot entrance. You will be directly across from our house. It is a
brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the front yard.
I am not giving directions from the Hampton/Westmoreland exit as it is
generally closed in the evenings.
If you have questions, call me at 214-330-8518.
Dream Pillow
Cut 4 5" squares of your selected fabric(usually muslin or linen).  A
double thickness of fabric is used for the outside of the dream pillow so
the herbs do not "sift" out.  Seam around 3 sides of the 4 thicknesses
and turn. Then sew again around the 3 sides again to create a french
seam.  This way the herbs do not "sift" out through the seams.
NOTE: You can use a pretty fabric to make a nice cover for your pillow,
if desired, with similar directions; however, it may not be necessary to
french seam your cover and you will not need a double layer of fabric.
I will have a sewing machine set up to finish off your pillow after it is
stuffed.