[Elfsea] Business meetings

Estella Flather eflather at flash.net
Wed Jul 23 09:35:13 PDT 2003

Greetings from Mistress Stella-
    As a long time member of Elfsea and having held a number of offices, including Seneschal, I would like to clear up a misconception about Business Meetings that has surfaced in the B&B discussions.
    Our Business meeting is called "Business Meeting" because it is open to the populace, not just officers, and anyone who is interested may come and discuss things to their heart's content and let everyone know what their opinion is on Baronial decisions. We have a separate Business meeting because often the discussions are long and drawn out and we wouldn's have time to let everyone give their opinion at Moot where we have to be out by 9 PM. That is why we try to limit discussions at Moot. So if you want to be part of the decision process, please, by all means, come to Business Meeting. The officers would love to have everyone's input!
    In service, HE Stella