[Elfsea] Investiture Planning

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Jul 2 11:02:52 PDT 2003

From: "Dale, Richard N" <DaleRN at aetna.com>

>I have just received new information and the possibility of having a
>baronial investiture take place at Elfsea Defender XXV is a very remote
>possibility at best. Please share your thoughts one way or another with
>their highnesses. Until I receive information to the contrary, there
>will be no further planning for an investiture to take place at Elfsea
>Defender XXV.

If I may be blunt for a moment ... Why?

There seems to be communication happening from Their Highnesses to the current leadership (Seneschal, Vicar & Vicaress) regarding this subject.  I certainly encourage everyone to let Their Highnesses know what they want to do ... but communication can go in two directions.  What are Their Highnesses problems/concerns with a Defender investiture? It seems to me that this group is it's people, not just it's leadership.  What "new information" does the Seneschal have?

This Barony has had problems, fine, accepted.  But we are vassals of this Crown, and I for one would like to know in their opinion what situations rise to the level of continuing to deny this Barony a Baron &/or Baroness.

Timothy of Glastinbury