[Elfsea] OT- Jobs

Shetler Victoria vixster13 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 09:24:08 PDT 2003

Thanks.. :)

Isolda von Rugen
aka Vix

Vicki Marsh <XaraXene at comcast.net> wrote:
Xene here:

Just thought I'd let some of you know that Lancaster ISD is still hiring
teachers. If you have a degree in any of the fields they are looking for,
think about applying. Check out www.lancasterisd.org . I suggest that you
call the Personnel department to see what openings they still have, then
call the Principal of the school to make the appointment. Just putting in
your application and resume' is not always enough. This applies to just
about every school district that I know of. And if you have a reference
that works in the school district, that's even better.

Even if you aren't certified, they may hire you on an emergency
certification, which will allow you to get into a certification program
during the year. They start at about $31,000 a year for 1st year teachers.
There is a small bonus for having a Master's degree.

If you do apply, please let me know privately and I'll see if I can help
you.

Also, if you don't live near Lancaster (or don't want to drive that far),
you might want to check out the Region 10 website at
http://www2.ednet10.net/ . Region 10 is Ellis, Dallas, Hunt, etc up north to
OK. Region 11, http://www.esc11.net, is Tarrant, Johnson, Somerville,
Erath, Hood, Parker,Palo Pinto, Denton, Wise, & Cooke.

Right now is crunch time for the principals to get enough teachers hired.

Good Luck / Buenos Suerte

Xene / Vicki Marsh