[Elfsea] My "ideal" Baron & Baroness of Elfsea are:

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Wed Jul 23 07:18:02 PDT 2003

Thank you, I was sure someone would add to my "ideal" list. I "also" appreciated Caelin asking the question. I thought it was a good question coming from someone wanting to wear a "Baronial Hat".  It made me sit down and think, something everyone of us needs to do BEFORE the polling.

Is wearing Baronial Hats and sitting in Baronial Thrones all fun and games? I don't think so!  Ask any past and/or current B&B how much responsibility this JOB entails, you just might be surprised!!  How well will the person(s) you have chosen handle stress and criticism?  Will they have the support needed for this JOB?  Will they be fair and honorable to friends and foes alike? They ARE the face of Elfsea in ALL SCA activities and are always on stage. Can they handle that and conduct themselves in a manor in which you will ALWAYS be proud of them?  Remember this is a BIG job and should not be a popularity contest.

Now do I really believe there is an "ideal" B&B, not on your life!!  But, I do intend to stand behind the new Baron or Baron & Baroness of Elfsea and offer all the help, insight, support and my famous "Bear #&#@ in the woods talks" that I can muster. Will you do the same?

Baroness Dana Mac an Ghabhann
Loch Ruadh Seneschal
Holder of the Azure Keystone of Elfsea
Loch Ruadh REALLY  ROCKS!!!

  Lady Elysandre Gernier wrote:

  I would like to commend Caelin on asking his question.  If more people asked similar questions, Elfsea would not be in its current situation.  I was once told that all great leaders will ask questions, They will consult with their officers, past leaders and their populace.

   <BIG SNIP>

  Lady Elysandre Gernier