[Elfsea] Some thoughts on the "Hat Race"

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Sun Jul 6 09:26:37 PDT 2003

Having gone through this once myself, and having seen what happens and then
sat on the sidelines the last time and watched people go through all the
gyrations involved,  I would like to pose the following questions to those
candidates who have announced their intentions and to those who may be
contemplating tossing their hat (or head) into the ring.

1.  What do you see as the strength of Elfsea?  Can you improve on that
strength?
2.  What do you see as the biggest weakness of Elfsea?  What can you do to
change that?
3.  What plans do you bring to the position of Baron/Baroness that will
enable Elfsea to grow and prosper?
4.  Where do you envision Eflsea being and in what shape do you see her when
step down as baron/Baroness?
5.  What unique contributions do you bring to Elfsea?
6.  What sets you apart from all the other candidates?
7.  Why should we choose you rather than someone else?

I am just tossing these out for consideration.  I have found, in the past,
that it makes things a lot easier when one can compare the responses of all
the candidates to a few simple questions.  If anyone can think of any other
questions to ask, then, by all mean, fell free to post those as well.  After
all, the people we select will be those people that Ansteorra and the
Society as a whole think of when they hear the words "Barony of Elfsea."

Lord Ceatta o Gulcleth