[Elfsea] Insignia Challenge: How'd we do?

Kate Rayburn anezka at elfsea.net
Sun Jul 13 14:18:49 PDT 2003

Greetings Elfsea!

Last month I posted my second insignia challenge and had several people make
their own challenges.  If you were one of those who set yourself a
challenge, please let us on the list know what it was and how you fared.
Did you meet your challenge? exceed it? not quite make it?  Please tell us.

At Coronation I turned in insignia for Irina Moreskia and Siobhan ni
Fearguis as well as myself.  Irina wove three Iris ribbons, five Centurion
ribbons and four Star of Merit ribbons.  Siobhan (one of our wonderful
newcomers) created ten Crane medallions out of copper enameling.  I must
apologize to both of these ladies as I turned in their insignia without even
considering the Insignia Competition the Mistress Hillary was sponsoring at
Coronation.  They both should have received the opportunity for more people
to view the marvelous work they did.

As for my challenge to myself, I did not quite make it.  I turned in four
Centurions and four Stars and decided not to do any of the braided insignia
because the kingdom already had so many.  However, my Iris is still sitting
on the loom uncompleted.

A new challenge will be posted in a few days once people have reported in
the results of this challenge.

In Service to Elfsea and her people,
Dama Anezka z Rozmitala