[Elfsea] FWD: ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT THE WORLD IS NUTS ! !

Spence Mabry SMABRY at flash.net
Wed Jul 16 10:37:35 PDT 2003

These are great!

Ceatta

--- Original Message ---
From: "Richard Threlkeld" <rjt at acm.org>
To: <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
Subject: [Elfsea] FWD: ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT THE WORLD
IS NUTS ! !

>A friend sent this. I don't usually pass on such
things, but
>in the middle of all that is going on in this list, I
thought
>a bit of humor would be appropriate. The comments are
hers.

--------
>From: Sunny Letot <theletot at yahoo.com>
>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:23:42 -0700 (PDT)
>

>In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with
animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual
relations with a male animal is punishable by death.

>(Like THAT makes sense.)
>

>In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a
woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking
directly at them during the examination. He may only
see their reflection in a mirror.

>(Do they look different reversed?)
>

>Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a
corpse. This also applies to undertakers; the sex
organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or
piece of wood at all times.

>(A brick??)
>

>The penalty for masturbation In Indonesia
~~decapitation.

>(Much worse than "going blind")
>

>There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to
travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who
pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first
time...Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly
forbidden for virgins to marry.

>(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job
anywhere else in the world that even comes close to
this?)

>In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from
vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may
be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places
where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on
the premises."

>(Is this a great country or what? Not as great as
Guam!)

>In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to
kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with
her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other
hand, may be killed in any manner desired.

>(Ah! Justice!)
>

>Topless saleswomen are legal In Liverpool, England-
but only in tropical fish stores.

>(But of course!)
>

>In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her
husband, and the first time this happens, her mother
must be in the room to witness the act.

>(Makes one shudder at the thought.)
>

>In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to
have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same
time.

>(I presume this was a big enough problem that they
had to pass this law?)

>Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an
hour.

>(Who volunteers for this stuff?)
>

>Humans and dolphins are the only species that have
sex for pleasure.

>(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)
>

>The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
>
>(Hummm....I won't touch THAT one!)
>

>The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30
times its own weight and always falls over on its
right side when intoxicated.

>(From drinking little bottles of...? -- did the govt.
pay for this research??)

>Butterflies taste with their feet.
>
>(Ah, geez)
>

>An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
>
>(I know some people like that.)
>

>Starfish don't have brains.
>
>(I know some people like that too)
>

>And, the best for last..... Turtles can breathe
through their butts.