[Elfsea] Highland Games Demo

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Sun Jun 1 09:00:09 PDT 2003

!.  Yes, we have decided whose bringing tents.
2.  We are taking 8 tables.
3.  We will be loading the trailer starting at 11:30.

Here is the schedule that was printed in the SCROLL.

Highland Games Schedule

Friday, June 6th
11:30 am			meet at Shed to load stuff
12 noon - 5:00 p.m.	Set up on site

Saturday, June 7th
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.	Set up the finishing touches on site (A&S, etc.)
9:00 a.m. 		Site opens
~ 10:30 a.m.	Welcoming Court
~ 11:00 a.m.	First combat demonstration
2:00 p.m.		Maybe Court
3:00 p.m.		Second combat demonstration
5:00 p.m.		Closing Court
6:00 p.m.		Pack up for the day

Sunday, June 8th
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.	Set up the finishing touches on site (A&S, etc.)
9:00 a.m. 		Site opens
~ 10:30 a.m.	Welcoming Court
~ 11:00 a.m.	First combat demonstration
2:00 p.m.		Maybe Court
3:00 p.m.		Second combat demonstration
5:00 p.m.		Closing Court
6:00 p.m.		Site Closes /Load up shed stuff/Unload at shed

We  will be taking the following:
Big Blue
Blue and White
Stella's A-Frame
Caelin's pavilion
Tomas & Rixende's pavilion
4 water coolers
3 ice chests
Stocks
Peg boards (to tie weapons down on)
List field poles and ropes
Marshaling staffs
Loaner garb

Snacks, sandwich stuff, and drinks will be made available for a small
donation.

If you want to consume alcohol, you will have to do it off-demo site.
No alcohol will be allowed by the members of the barony while working
the demo.

There needs to be a minimum of 2 people per demo table (especially where
weapons are displayed) at all times.

Generally for the A&S diplays we have had the whole range: fiber arts,
illumination, clothing, metalwork, woodwork, armor, glasswork, beadwork,
weapons, live demos (spinning, weaving, illumination, beading, knitting,
woodworking, armor-making - some even being hands-on for the
passer-bys).  So, anything that anyone wants to contribute is welcome.

Lord Ceatta o Gulcleth
Demo Coordinator, Barony of Elfsea