[Elfsea] Demo Opportunity for a Girl Scout Camp

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Thu Jun 5 10:44:16 PDT 2003

I received a call this weekend from a Girl Scout Troop Leader who is in
charge of a day camp this month, and their theme is the Medieval/Renaissance
period, and they would like some assistance from the SCA.

They are looking for some people who can teach A&S classes, Bardic Arts (one
of the activities that the scouts are doing is working on earning a merit
badge in music and for that they need to learn a period music piece), and
period games.

The dates for this day camp are June 16-20 from 8:00AM-2:00pm. They are
expecting a total of 330 people at the camp, of which 250 will be Girl
Scouts, between the ages of 5 to 12. The camp is in Haltom City south of 820
between Rufe Snow and Denton Highway.

I realize that many of you are at work during the week, but if any of you
are able to help out with this, it would be appreciated. f you have any
questions or would like to help, please contact me at either
steverourke at charter.net or call me at 817-377-9346

---