[Elfsea] Mail problems

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 26 14:33:17 PDT 2003

Vicki Marsh (XaraXene at attbi.com) said something that sounded like:
> I don't know, but all of mine from elfsea at ansteorra.org is coming through
> with a .txt attachment that has the footer below

Previously the Mailman software had a hack in it to strip attachments.
This is now a feature that each list can enable on a list per list
basis. I was unwilling to universally make this call for the lists any
longer with the owners able to make the call.

If the list owner wishes it changed, follow the instructions I sent
out to all of the list owners the day of the upgrade which was:

- If you wish to enable conversion of HTML to Plaintext for your list,
  go to the Content Filtering section and turn on filtering. The
  defaults are what you want to start with. The rest of the settings are
  only to be used by the most expert of mailman administrators.

This will get rid of the attachments and convert HTML to text.

Unfortunately I was an idiot and forgot to do this with the Ansteorra
list eventhough I thought I had already. I've corrected that oversight.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And we're always slipping thru the cracks
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Then the movie's over -- fade to black