[Elfsea] Baronial Investiture Dates

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 21:00:07 PDT 2003

Unto to Populace of Elfsea and to Their Most Stellar Highnesses,

Greetings from Mistress Xene,

The populace is not stupid and they are entirely capable of letting their
wishes be known to the Crown. The polling should take place immediately. The
sooner the better in order to prevent schism and political manuvering -
Duchess Willow has spoken with great wisdom here. Any viable candidates are
already well-known by the active participants in the Barony.

The investiture should be at Elfsea Defender.  TRH-soon-to-be-TRM have been
landed nobles themselves, so they know exactly what questions should be
asked of the candidates.  It would be very proper to interview the
candidates at Coronation. (As an aside....In my opinion, if you can't make
it to Coronation, then don't put your name in.  As Baron and /or Baroness,
that is one event that you are supposed to make in order to swear fealty.)
However, if the Crown cannot hold the interviews at Coronation, they could
take place at King's Round Table in DragonsFire Tor the following week.  The
announcement of a decision could be made there or at Queen's Champion.

As for preparation time.....if you can't get ready by Defender, you
shouldn't put your name in for consideration.  Being Baron and/or Baroness
of Elfsea is a 100 mile-per-hour experience and if you can't move at that
pace, step away from the bar.

 Based on the previous timetable, two months is what you would have to
prepare.  The event is happening anyway.  Why spend more of the Barony's
money to have a separate event?

The investiture should *only* be held at Elfsea.  If the Barony is forced to
witness the investiture at another group's event, there will be a loss of
face for the Barony.  I don't know of any groups that would be too keen on
hosting another Barony's investiture.  It would look like Elfsea couldn't
take care of their own business. We don't need any more of this.

Perhaps some of my words have been less that tactful, but I'm tired of the
people of Elfsea being treated like ignorant children who don't know how to
make a decision, or who can't make a dress in two months.  The Barony of
Elfsea, it's Cantons of Loch Ruadh and Dragonsfire Tor, and the College of
ThreeBridges are full of hard-working, big-hearted, intelligent people.
They are some of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure to know in
the 25 years that I have been involved in the SCA.  Whenever the Kingdom
needs to have a hard job done, they call on our Barony and its' people.

Ansteorra's Star shines brighter because of Elfsea....

Vivat Elfsea!!!

Vivat Ansteorra!!

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,

Mistress Xene, grouchy, opinionated ex-Baroness of Elfsea,

Where life is Good.....