[Elfsea] OT - any knitters out there?

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 05:07:05 PST 2003

Hi, y'all:

Knitting is period, so this is somewhat on topic, BUT - the Dallas Hand Knitting Guild is demo-ing at the big Half Price Books store on Northwest Highway this Saturday from 10:00am to 6:00pm.  We've just learned that HPB has been heavily publicizing the event, and are even expecting Girl Scout troops to be there!  If anybody with any knitting skill at all can help us by coming for a little bit of that time, we would be MOST grateful!  Even more so if you have leftovers of yarn and extra needles to donate to the teaching side of things, but just having a few more pairs of hands knitting would be terrific.

You can simply show up at the store and head for the community room and tell them you are there to knit.  Or let me know and I will set you up with an assigned slot.

Yes, it conflicts with the Day of Japanese Arts - bad timing!  But I had nothing to do with that, I'm just a messenger for DHKG.

                                        ---= Morgan

"Once you have flown,
 you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
 for there you have been,
 and there you long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake."
                           --=  Jeannette Rankin (1880 - 1973)