[Elfsea] Re: [Dfw-announce] Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame

Karolus karolus at gte.net
Fri Mar 21 11:21:15 PST 2003

> Greetings to all those who read this missive,
>
> I write to encourage those who would attend Glaslyn's Defender of the
Flame
> to do so and to bring their courage and skill with them.  The Defender of
> the Flame is not held just by strength of arm alone.  It requires skill,
> cunning and the smile of one's sponsor.  Twice I have carried victory from
> the field of Glaslyn in the tourney and I will be defending my title for a
> third time.  Is there one out there that will challenge me for this grand
> title?
>
> With this said I do challenge the fighters of Ansteorra one and all to
come
> and do battle upon Glaslyn's field.  Will any accept this challenge from
me?
>   I await to hear strong words from those that would take this title from
> me.
>
> In service to the Kingdom and to fair Glaslyn,
>
> Eques Romanius Scipio Vesperanius
> Twice Defender of the Flame

So does this missive find me in good health and spirits,

    Know that I,  Gyula Karolus shall gather my arms, and baring an act of
god shall meet you upon the field and contest your right to a 3rd
consecutive title as Defender of the Flame.  Know that my will has been set
in this matter, and regardless of the outcome know that I shall not go
quietly into that good night.  Each step shall I contest, each blow shall I
block for as long as my heart beats, as long as breath fills my lungs, as
long as one drop of blood of heroes known as Ansteorran flows through my
veins shall I contest your right to that title.

May your sword never fail, and your armor prove strong.

Thus is my word given, thus shall my word be upheld, by the lineage of Lloyd
von Eaker and Gunthar Jonsson shall I see you upon that field.

Be Well,

    Karolus