[Elfsea] Home Guard Barbecue Dinner

Glen Wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 19:26:21 PST 2003

I usually write a couple of paragraphs of nice inflammatory rhetoric about how "I don't want to hear any whining about Gulf War Orphans, we're the Home Guard and so forth and so on..."  But since Violet has already brought it up, I'm just going to go ahead and announce it - it's time for the HOME GUARD BARBECUE DINNER.

What:  The Home Guard Barbecue Dinner.

When:  Friday, March 14, 7ish PM.

Where:  Green's Main Street Barbecue in Euless.

How to get there:  Take your favorite route to Airport Freeway and Highway 360.  Go west on Airport Freeway and prepare to immediately take the Main Street exit in Euless.  Go north, as soon as you pass the Braums on the left, Green's is the very next thing on the right in what looks like a small strip center.  Look for the giant armadillo smoker on a trailer in the parking lot.

For several years, those of us who have stayed behind for Gulf Wars have gone out for barbecue at Green's Main Street Barbecue in Euless.  Hubert Green used to run a trucking company, then he retired and got into barbecue and won the National Sweet Meat Rib Contest for about three years in a row before he decided to retire from competition and just run his restaurant and catering business.  Main Street Barbecue is $12 for all you can eat with sandwich plates for about half that.  They have iced tea and water to drink, but you can bring your own cooler with whatever soft drinks or adult beverages you like.  Green's doesn't do dessert, if you have room left and want dessert, we usually go to the Braums across the street for ice cream.