[Elfsea] SCA Trivia

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 18:19:35 PST 2003

Well, This year our family didn't go to GW. My children have gotten to an age
that family trips are a must.  I took them to the  Alamo in San Antonio and
to Casterville. My son has been studying Texas history and I as a born and
breed Texan I thought it was very important.  We walked the Alamo and looked
at all the things on display.( I did point out the John MacGregor on the
list) Then road the river boat and ate lunch on the river. It was great.
Lastly we went to the movie of The Alamo at the River Center. It was great!
We sat there watching the movie and they get to a scene at the beginning
where they are having a street party. And what do you think I hear the band
playing???? That is right the music to Rising of the Star.

You know you are in the SCA when you want to sing different verses to a tune
in a movie.  ( I didn't sing to the relief of my children.)

Ly Maili Donnel MacGregor