[Elfsea] Elfsea

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Wed May 7 08:42:44 PDT 2003

You're welcome, my Lord.
The offer was meant from the heart.

Well, i never actually posted the problem to this list.  My father entered
the hospital on May 1 for a fusion of his lower spine, after many years of
pain.  May 2 he became combative and was obviously suffering.  He was
removed to ICU where they sedated him and inserted a ventilation tube.  A
CATS was done, showing a large tumor wrapped happily round his bronchial
tube on the right side.  The tumor has already taken possession of the
artery that passes through there, so a biopsy is impossible.  Another was
found hiding behind his heart.  And several nodules were found on his liver.
He has Asbestos Disease as well. He has a huge "ilius", meaning trapped gas
in his intestines - a sad 'funny': he looks pregnant - at his age!  He is
not expected to survive the week.  And the worst of it is some &$%*!
insurance company helped itself to more than half David's last paycheck,
meaning that we have no money at all until the 15th, when he'll be long
gone, if things continue the way they're going.  Right now, trying to keep
going is rough.  I spend most of every day in tears, knowing the tears are
also fruitless.  My poor Daddy . . . .

Gerita,
miserable