[Elfsea] Mom's Club

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Mon May 5 09:00:42 PDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003 10:07:05 -0500 "CE Huse/Lady Maria"
<ldy_maria at sbcglobal.net> writes:
> Hola!
>
> I've seen some really good ideas so far! Here's a recap so far...
>
> T-shirts....I really liked Xene's idea for gold colored shirts. I
> think we
> could do a group shot and the sponging. I have a digital camera and
> iron-on
> transfers are not too expensive. We could take the pictures, iron
> them on
> and then sponge paint around the pictures....my son's 2nd grade
> class did
> this when they went to the zoo and it looked rather unique. We could
> do the
> painting outside...to keep paint from staining carpet. Where do we
> want to
> meet? (SNIP!)

My home could be used as well.  My dining room table is 8 feet long which
is good for projects.  Also, that room is not carpeted which helps with
messes -- makes clean ups easier.  Also, I have a car and a half carport
behind the house which we could use for projects untenable to do inside.
I have a dog and two kitties but no cat box as they have a kitty door and
I can always put the dog in the bedroom and let her watch Animal Planet
(she likes HGTV too -- go figure!).  However, since I am a smoker, I need
a day or two notice so I can deodorize everything for those who are
sensitive to smoke.  I have been told that the precautions I take for
people allergic to smoke do work and I don't mind doing that, just need a
little notice.

> Museums...I really like the idea of going to the Kimball. I would
> like to
> know more about the Boy Scouts Museum, Donnel. Is this a hands on
> type of
> museum? I know that there is a children's museum in Dallas, but
> that's about
> all I know. (SNIP!)

The Dallas Museum of Art has an interactive children's area.  I have only
visited that part of the museum once; however, if y'all are interested, I
can call down there and get more info.  Also, I have seen some of their
exhibits on fiber arts -- we could also check and see if they currently
have any exhibits related to SCA stuff.

> Swimming.. I think that we could swing swimming around the first of
> June,
> it's starting to get hot by that time. If we can't Xene, I'll sit
> with you
> in regular clothes...I'm kind of uncomfortable about showing so much
> of my
> body in public. :)
I'm with you Maria.  I have been unable to locate a long-sleeved, turtle
necked, ankle length bathing suit that camouflages my body sufficiently
to swim in public!

Nuala

P.S. I am not a "mom" but think that, with sufficient mentoring, I might
be able to help with the children.  However, I do know which end of a
child one applies a diaper to and how to do so.