[Elfsea] getting started spinning - questions

loganclan at earthlink.net loganclan at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 18:36:42 PDT 2003

Well, to be honest, I don't know where to start.  I looked on eBay ("drop spindle") just to get an idea of price range, and saw a few different kinds.  I didn't realize there was such a range of sizes.  Some were very pretty, while others looked like a dowel stuck in a round wafer.  I prefer something that looks authentic, but ease of use and affordability get bonus points, in my book.  Also, I don't want to have to drive much further than 10 miles.  I'm a mile south of I-20, a block west of I-35, so I'm near a Hancocks, Jo-Ann's, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby, but I can't say I've ever seen a spindle at those locations.  Otherwise, I'll just buy something online.

Madelina