[Elfsea] Mom's Club

CE Huse/Lady Maria ldy_maria at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 5 08:07:05 PDT 2003

Hola!

I've seen some really good ideas so far! Here's a recap so far...

T-shirts....I really liked Xene's idea for gold colored shirts. I think we
could do a group shot and the sponging. I have a digital camera and iron-on
transfers are not too expensive. We could take the pictures, iron them on
and then sponge paint around the pictures....my son's 2nd grade class did
this when they went to the zoo and it looked rather unique. We could do the
painting outside...to keep paint from staining carpet. Where do we want to
meet? We can meet at my home, but warning, I have kitties (and a dog)...so
as a result I have a light "you have cats" odor. However, my house is child
proof.

Museums...I really like the idea of going to the Kimball. I would like to
know more about the Boy Scouts Museum, Donnel. Is this a hands on type of
museum? I know that there is a children's museum in Dallas, but that's about
all I know. The Dallas World Aquarium is really expensive, but the one in
Fair Park (while not as grand) is really cheap (kids are only a couple of
bucks). Thanks for the information on the Kimball, Nuala!

Swimming.. I think that we could swing swimming around the first of June,
it's starting to get hot by that time. If we can't Xene, I'll sit with you
in regular clothes...I'm kind of uncomfortable about showing so much of my
body in public. :)

Parks... Going to the park and having a picnic is fun, too! Veteran's Park
also has a ton of ducks that we can feed.

Ice cream at Mcdonald's....Yes! Let them run and scream a while! :)

Ok, we have all these ideas, what day of the week do we want to meet and
where? I've heard Tuesdays from Nuala was when they give discounts at the
Kimball.

Lastly, who wants to head up this endeavor? Or have I volunteered myself
again? (chuckle)

Maria