[Elfsea] need garb?

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Sat May 10 22:17:29 PDT 2003

Greetings to all of you, Honourable Lady Arabella de Montacute here,

Announcing the opening of

***Arabella Enterprises***

Custom Assignments at a Great Price

Don’t know how to sew? Don’t have time to Sew?  Would rather not sew? Just
want someone else to sew for you for a change?

No mass-produced products, custom order items only by appointment.

My services include:
Sewing clothing both mundane and SCA,
Sewing fighting clothing (Rapier Armor and clothing worn over armor),
Appliqué work on fighting clothing,
Beadwork on fabric and trim,
Millinery, (made with Buckram)
Elizabethan Beaded belts and some jewelry
Mundane window coverings
Any suggestions?

Besides my own SCA garb:
I created the gown, and underclothes worn by Her Majesty Conal at her Queens
Champion,
Created the garment worn by Sir Galen of Bristol at his Baronial Investiture
(Stella did the appliqué on that tunic),
Centurion Cloaks for Jarl Timotheus Kalamnos and Master Airaklee Wolf (5 ft
eagle Appliqué)
Personal Arms Cloak for Countess Allyson Tymnes (large appliqué work)
Tabards for the Kings Champion, and Royal Huntsman (more appliqué work)
Fighting tabards for Sir Galen of Bristol, Sir Barn Silveraxe and HL
Fearghus MacKenna.  (Again more appliqué work)

You buy the fabric, notions, decorations and other necessary items to make
the assigned piece.  Labor is always negotiable depending on the type of
fabric and complexity of job.  All scraps and left over notions will be
returned to you.

Beadwork is charged at $5.00 per hour, the time sheet will be included with
finished product.  Millinery and Jewelry is charged by the piece and depends
on complexity.

We can make SCA legal target arrows.  Custom made arrows in the colors of
your choice, cut to your draw length.  $45 a dozen

I will be at Steppes Warlord if you already have your fabric.  I’ll take
measurements there if you like.  We can schedule a trip to the fabric
district.  If I have to purchase the fabric and notions I will require a
deposit to purchase materials and the balance is to be paid upon completion
of project.

Any questions?

HL Arabella de Montacute
817-467-6959