[Elfsea] Elfsea Mom's Club / Maria

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at attbi.com
Sun May 4 21:06:33 PDT 2003

Donnel and I must be on the same wavelength - or we got the same flyer at
school.  The Boy Scouts have a museum in Irving that we can arrange a field
trip to.  I have a flyer somewhere about it - I think it is 6.00 per child,
but not sure about adults.  The handout is designed for teachers to use for
their class field trips.

As for stamps, I think that cheap T-shirts of bright yellow could be ordered
from somewhere. (William? remember those great t-shirts from ATYC that you
got?  Could we get them in bright yellow or Ansteorran gold?)

  I also have a set of Celtic stamps - or we could make stamps from potatos
or sponges and use acrylic paint or fabric paint!  We could also have a
digital group photo made and do iron-on transfers to individualize the
shirts.

The tie-dying was fun, but nerve racking for me with new linen colored
carpet!  Tanwyn and Arabella really outdid themselves on those. (I sure do
miss Tanwyn).

If we do anything around here in Cedar Hill, there is also a great swimming
pool that costs $2 a person to swim.  There is also an indoor pool in
Lancaster that is pretty nifty, with a slide and waterfalls, but I don't
know how much it costs.

I'm planning on having surgery around June 11, so I would like to do
something swimming-related the first week of June.  We could go to the
Dallas Aquarium or Ft. Worth Museum of Science, etc.  It's fun to take along
a cooler with juice boxes and sandwiches and do a cheap lunch in a park with
a playground.  We could try out all the cool playgrounds around the
Metroplex - Like Legacy Park in Arlington, or I know of a very pretty one in
Cedar Hill behind the High School and the Middle School.

I used to take my son to the park for a sandwich lunch, then go to
MacDonald's for an ice cream cone and let him play on the indoors
playground - in the A/C.

I'm sure we can think of other stuff to do that is cheap!!

Any other ideas?

Xene