[Elfsea] Surgery - June 11.

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Tue May 6 23:36:20 PDT 2003

Not to worry Xene.  In a previous life I used to be a taxi driver. -
Arabella

Subject: [Elfsea] Surgery - June 11.

Greetings,

If you aren't interested, just delete this message.

I just thought I'd let you all know that I saw my surgeon Monday and he's
ticked off at himself for not being aggressive enough with my previous
surgery on my right foot.  I've been in pretty bad pain, especially when I
stand or walk at lot. Come to find out, it's not my fault.  The surgeon will
going back into my right foot (from the exterior side this time) and will be
taking off more bone from the back of my foot.  He says that I will be able
to walk on the right foot with my boot after the surgery, which is a good
thing, because I'll be having the left foot operated on at the same time
(for Achillies Tendonitis) and *it* will be non-weight bearing for 2-3
months.

Which leads me to this quandry.  I don't know how or when I'll be able to
drive after the surgery.  Hopefully, I can drive with my right foot by
August, when school starts.  I want to be active with the "Mom's club",
but.....I'll need someone else to drive me.  I will volunteer my van, and
pay for the gas.  I will really need to get out on occasion, especially
because my sons will be stuck here at home with me except when they go to
Scout camp the week after my surgery.

And in the middle of all this, Llywelyn's job is going to be in critical
delivery and implementation mode the week of my surgery.

Thank you, to all our friends.

Xene
mka Vicki Marsh