[Elfsea] Warlord Aftermath on a good note

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Sun May 25 23:50:11 PDT 2003

Greetings to all of you,
First I want to thank the Shire of Emerald Keep for donating several cases
of water and soda to the Teen Pavilion this weekend.  It was very welcomed
by the teenagers.

You know I've been through this before, breaking my back and wearing myself
out setting up Friday, having severe rain/weather Saturday and packing up
wet and damp stuff the very next day.  Sometimes seems not worth all the
trouble for a single day.

I've had a great day today though.  My teenagers, Elizabeth (Jennifer
Lauren) and her friend Nicole and those who helped me this day remind me why
it's a wonderful game we play, what a great extended family the SCA is and
how blessed I am.

(Please forgive the misspellings I know I didn't spell any right)
Francesca's' twins, Lord Andre' and Lord Dante, and their friend Colton,
Agulwolf & Suzanna's daughter, Alisha , and Iames and Lydian's son, Aden,
along with my daughters all worked very hard breaking down my camp and
completely packing my trailer.  They just showed up and started working.  I
hardly had to lift a finger and they did it all.  We laughed and joked the
entire time, I asked they did.  ALL OF THEM.  I am proud to call them
members of our society and part of my SCA family.

These 4 boys have the packing gene.  They packed my trailer better than I do
and gave me about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of extra space to use in my trailer, WOW!

When you see these young adults express to them how proud we are of their
ability to volunteer, their ability to work together as a team, how grateful
we are to have them a part of our lives and how much we cherish knowing
them.

Francesca will you pass this letter on to Colton's parents please.

On another note.  My girls decided to watch, without any arm twisting, "A
Knight's Tale", this evening.  What a great finish to what could have been a
lousy weekend.  It's nice to find things to be grateful for after a tough
event.

Honourable Lady Arabella de Montacute
"Never pass up an opportunity to say nothing.  If you need to say something
do it in private."
Foster Protégé to Sir Pendaran Glamorgan