[Elfsea] Soldier Son Coming Home

Daungerous (Donna R. Thompson) Daungerous at ev1.net
Thu Nov 13 10:43:47 PST 2003

Yesterday I was adding a guest book feature to Adam's webpage (link listed below) because some people have asked about it.  Just as I was finishing up, I got an email telling me that Adam was in a hospital in northern Iraq with a broken jaw.  This was a *cough* non-combat injury, but he is not in trouble and was actually trying to prevent trouble while looking out for his buddies.  Good news is that he is safe right now.  Bad news is he must have surgery to have his jaw wired shut.  Rear D reports that he is still at the 21st CSH and will have surgery there tomorrow. He will then be sent home to the states for 30 days convalescent leave!!!  The Captain said to expect him sometime next week. My dad says two weeks  LOL!

Anyway, he should have access to the internet again soon (today or tomorrow) so if you would like to leave him a message, there is a link to the guestbook at the bottom of his webpage.  I'm sure your well wishes will make him feel alot better.  He feels bad to have left his buddies, yet feels good to be safe.  Soldiers who are separated from their unit sometimes have a difficult time with this.

I am happy, but still in disbelief and worried. I will feel much better to get a call from Germany, then I think I can believe it. I think I am still in shock and a bit worried because I haven't heard from him today. I bet he is just sleeping. All those good drugs and no one shooting at him.  I'm sure things will start to seem more real when he calls us from Germany.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers,

Daungerous
Pvt. Miller's Mom
Pretty is as Pretty does
http://www.desertdancer.com/hood.html