[Elfsea] A Challenge for the Up-coming Kraggenworth Keep Bardic Practice

antigonus bearbait antigonus at lycos.com
Tue Oct 21 17:31:38 PDT 2003

Hello everyone –

Tiggy here.

I just wanted to drop a line to the Elfsea & Loch Ruadh lists about a challenge that I offered at this last Kraggenworth Keep Bardic Practice.

This is a challenge that I am giving myself, by the way, and I am offering a prize for the one I like best.

This challenge must be met at the up-coming (November) Kraggenworth Keep Bardic Practice.  It must be a NEW piece – not one that you have already written.  It must be written between now and the next Bardic – where it must be performed.

It is simple: Find a tale – either Period or passably so.  Rewrite that tale in verse.

I recommend ballad measure, but the form is up to you.

We’ve had a couple of bards respond at the last Kraggenworth Bardic.

Is there anyone else who will take the challeng?

This is something I am trying, myself, and am enjoying myself immensely.

Just thought I’d let you guys know.

Much thanx –

Tiggy