[Elfsea] camping trailer at Lowe's

Ameline Dubois ameline at generich.com
Mon Oct 13 16:27:00 PDT 2003

Greetings to you,Lady Toryn Seven-Stitches

  This missive is information well shared and very well written,you must have had the most excellent of tutors.Alas the search for good savants or captives is so trying on us all. I hope your servant is better for I am sure all their winter jobs are not done.
This covered transport sounds like just the thing to help with the storage problems I and my Lord are having....now if I could just loosen his purse...well we shall see.I hope all your treasures will fit in your transport.Make sure to leave room for young Conner's things too,I know boy's and their toys.
Give the Czar my warmest regards <I here it is cold where he is>
Ameline DuBois Baroness of Elfsea

  Greetings Good Gentles All!!!
  My Czar sent me out yet again on an adventure to procure the finest spices, fabrics, jewels and furs!  I knew where to get all of these things for the family, and I bought quite a lot!  But then I was left with a trouble....how to get it home?  How to haul my precious cargo all the way back to the Mother Land?  I needed a covered transport!  My servant (bless her heart, can't read, can't write but makes a really good cup of coffee) happily went out on foot this weekend to every covered transport seller in the county.  She was so thrilled to be away from the washing and mending, I don't think that having no shoes really even bothered her!  But, I digress....
  Lord Lowe had the perfect covered transport!  My servant found his shop on Jacksboro Highway in the north of the county.  She was only too pleased to hand over $700 coins (I imagine they were a bit heavy) and bring the covered transport home!  I suppose I should have given her an ox-cart or a horse or something to bring the transport home with, but she did just fine on foot....it's only 10 miles over flat ground!  She tells me that Lord Lowe has three more of these marvelous transports.  They measure 4 foot by 6 foot, are covered in hard molded plastic (very heavy duty, but light weight) and surprise! It fits in the garage!  My servant tells me that earlier this year, these same transports were priced as high as $1300!  She is a bargain shopper!
  My Lord Herries informs me that the transport or 'cargo trailer' as he calls it will offer a secure, dry place for all my treasures and will not be a drain on the chariot when we next venture out!  The 'trailer' can be connected to the chariot with the strength of only one person needed, and Lord Herries says that this 'trailer' is the perfect accessory for a traveling period family.
  My hope is that this missive finds all of you in good spirits and healthy!  I must away now to tend to the servant..poor thing is now complaining; her feet, her back, her hands...honestly!  It was only 10 miles!  Over FLAT ground.  It wasn't even snowing!  Why, I remember once having to wait on a merchant at Lord Neiman and Lord Marcus for 13 minutes!  IN HEELS!  AND I don't think that the air conditioning was working well that day either.....

  YIS,
  Lady Toryn Seven-Stitches