[Elfsea] Period Swords

Glen Wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 25 12:32:48 PDT 2003

First define "handmade," second define "period,  third - until your friend
knows exactly what he wants, there's not much point in offering specific
advice.

There are plenty of vendors and manufacturers out there who make swords from
damascus viking and celtic pattern to period and post period rapiers.  They
come in all prices from reasonable (a couple of hundred) to "you want HOW
MUCH?"  And most of them have websites.  You can search under the most basic
word, "sword," or you can be more specific and ask for a "scottish basket
hilt backsword" - they are out there for the finding.

Now, what, exactly, is your friend looking for?

Don Alaric  (Resident sword nut and conservator.)