[Elfsea] Updates to Steppes Fall Court Luncheon menu

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 20 04:33:52 PDT 2003

Hi, y'all:

Just a few updates, for the curious.  As I've said, the menu is fluid based upon my preference for cooking what is seasonal and/or cheap in the shops.

This means, the "beans or peas and onions" is being replaced, in part, with asparagus.

Also, I've replaced the turkeys with chicken parts, so if someone wants to bring turkey to the potluck, go for it.  There will be extra meat pies from lunch served cold at supper, for those who want to try them.

Dunno if the fruit pies (apples, pears, dates, raisins, spices) will make it that late.

More updates at the end of the week.

As before, I'd like it if people planning to eat the lunch would let me know, so that I can gauge how much or little to cook.  So far, I've had nine reservations.  I'm pretty sure that more of you will be out there and hungry around noontime on Saturday, and since it's included in the site fee, why not partake?

                                                                ---= Morgan

"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something."
                                    ---= Thomas A. Edison
"We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong."
                                         ----= Sir Arthur Eddington
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)