[Elfsea] OT - Hallowe'en Show - Youth Group Discount

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 27 08:11:40 PDT 2003

For those whose kids are a little too old for Trick-or-Treating, or whose neighborhoods don't have a lot of good houses, here is an alternative.  It's the Friday before Crown Tourney, which is near enough (for me) to daytrip.  The theatre is just east of 75/Central, behind the ArtCentre gallery on 15th and K (a little south of The Wooden Spoon) in Historic Plano.

Note that the special group discount applies ONLY on October 31st, but you're welcome to come to any show.  Costumes optional, and we will have small non-candy goodies for the children.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Subject: Safe Halloween alternative: War of the Worlds - youth group discount

Rover Dramawerks will present War of the Worlds by Howard Koch, (Orson Welles)
Thursdays through Saturdays, October 23 - November 8.  Performances will be
at 8:00 p.m., with additional performances at 10:00 p.m. on Friday October
31, Saturday November 1, Friday November 7 and Saturday November 8.  This
period re-enactment of Orson Welles' infamous 1938 radio broadcast will be
presented at the ArtCentre Theatre of Plano, 1028 15th Place in Plano.

Rover Dramawerks is taking Howard Koch's original radio drama one step further
by providing a behind-the-scenes look of what happened the night of the
fateful broadcast - from how they made the sound of the spaceship opening, to
audience members' reactions to the broadcast, to policemen storming the radio
station to arrest everyone involved.  Additional scenes, incorporating hours
of research, have been written to create a gripping, unified account of the
event that panicked American radio audiences.  With this period re-enactment,
Rover Dramawerks hopes to provide an alternative to the traditional Halloween
fare of ghosts, vampires, and werewolves.

Ticket prices are $10.00, with a $2.00 discount for students and seniors. As
part of Rover Dramawerks' community outreach, we are providing $5.00 tickets
to youth groups (minimum group of eight) that might be in search of safe,
alternative Halloween entertainment.  You must call in advance to receive
this discounted rate!  Please have group contact/confirmation info available
when you make reservations.

You have received this as a recommendation of someone familiar with your group
or as a forward from someone who thinks your youth activities would benefit
from this opportunity.  Please feel free to contact us directly or forward
this to other deserving groups.

For more information about War of the Worlds and Rover Dramawerks, and to make
reservations, please call 972-849-0358 or send e-mail to
tickets at roverdramawerks.com.

                                                                            ---= little Morgan

"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something."
                                    ---= Thomas A. Edison
"We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong."
                                         ----= Sir Arthur Eddington
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)