[Elfsea] Upcoming September Demos

Spence Mabry SMABRY at flash.net
Tue Sep 2 06:57:17 PDT 2003

Once again it is time for our second largest and successful demo to
occur.  I am talking about the
Keller Library Demo, coming up on September 13th, two weeks before
Elfsea Defender XXV.  This is a great opportunity to pull newcomers in
(just ask Irina!) as well as to fulfill our "charter" as a non-profit
educational organization.

Once again, they want as many of us as possible there.  They would also
like a whole lot of hands-on demonstrations (such as spinning, weaving,
dyeing, illumination, calligraphy, metal-casting, armor-making), talks
about the Middle Ages and Heraldry, and of course the ever-popular
chivalric and rapier fighting.

They especially want people who can do hands-on crafts of any kind and
have asked if we could try to have some illuminators and scribes out
there to show their art!

NOTE:  I need commitments from all fighters (heavy and light) who will
be there.  I will shortly be sending out specific e-mails to those who I
hope will be there, inviting them to come out and show people what we
do.  I also would like commitments from any and all scribes and
illuminators to be there as well to "strut" their stuff.

This is a great time to pull in newcomers -- remember Elfsea Defender
XXV (with a Baronial Investiture) is only 2 weeks away.  We can pull
these people in to our Baronial Premier Event.

Let me know what you will do to make this a rousing success!

Again, the date is September 13th (there's not a lot going on that week,
just a small event in Stargate and one in Mooneschadowe) and the times
are from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.

Also, on September 23rd, the Tuesday before Elfsea Defender, the
Arlington Mail Public Library would like for us to do a smaller,
scaled-down version of  what we do at Keller.  This would be from 6:30
to about 9:00 p.m. that evening.

Any and all who can make either one or both of these, please contact me
so I can give the respective libraries a heads-up on our participation.

Lord Ceatta o Gulcleth
Demo Coordinator, Barony of Elfsea