[Elfsea] Everyone is a Hospitaler

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Tue Sep 16 16:44:36 PDT 2003

Greetings from Lord Armand,

I have quoted Lord Ceatta's "Thank you" message below because, I too, would
like to Thank him and all of you that helped make the Keller Library Demo
such a success! We had several people express more than a casual interest in
fighting and learning more about us. This is what we have been after and we
have another opportunity at the Arlington Library Demo on Tuesday, 9/23 (a
week from now).

Now, what we do once we have attracted a little attention can be even more
important than getting it in the first place. HL Brigit is doing an amazing
amount of work as hospitaler, even while planning an awesome competition at
Defender. Thank You, HL Brigit! You're doing marvelous! However, while she
does get around alot, she simply cannot be *everyone's* first impression of
Elfsea. We all need to be hospitalers. Especially now. I know many of us are
distracted with Defender preparations, but unfortunately it has come to my
attention that some of the newcomers we've attracted have met with poor
initial experiences. This is very distressing to me. Especially since I have
contributed to some of it. Mundanity prevented me from following through
with some of my intentions. This is a problem for all of us and though we
are all volunteers, *Please*......let's try to be extra aware of those new
faces we see at activities and show them the friendly side of Elfsea that we
all love and follow through on our words. I've often looked around when I
first arrive at an activity to find no one new, then go off and do my own
thing and never think to look around again. It's very easy to get focused on
your own art, activity, fighting, planning, whatever, but let's make an
extra effort to be aware of those new faces when they walk up. We've worked
hard to get them to take that first step.

Having said that, I know we have made very positive impressions on several
new folks and it looks likely we'll see continued participation from a few.
I am looking forward to attracting even more at the Arlington demo. I know
this time before Defender is challenging, but it also provides one of our
greatest opportunities, so please remember, we are all hospitalers, all the
time!

In the service of Kingdom & Crown, I remain,
Lord Armand Dragonetti
Vicar of Elfsea

From: "Spence Mabry" <smabry at flash.net>