[Elfsea] OT - Knit Out and Crochet Too! 2003

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 14:28:23 PDT 2003

For those who haven't just deleted the message or stepped into the other
room for a beverage.......  I'm posting here because I know there are a lot
of Knitters and Crocheters in the area who might not otherwise learn of
this:

The annual event is being held this year at the Half Price Books on
Northwest Highway (12) just east of Central (75) in Dallas.  Frighteningly
convenient for a lot of people.

We will be there from 10:00am to 6:00pm and persons coming for at least two
hours get to put their names in a basket for door prizes.  These include
books, yarn, gift certificates, and other goodies.  Must be present when
your name is called (we do give people warning, so they're not out browsing
or buying coffee when we hold the drawing).

Yes, you have to be knitting, crocheting, or spinning, or making a very
real effort to learn.  <g>  We will have some yarn and needles available.

We will be collecting leftover yarn donations for the Tarrant County
Women's Prison, and made items for the Cook Children's Hospital (children's
hats, clothing, and toys) and Parkland Hospital (baby caps, blankets,
booties, and sweaters; lap robes; slippers).  All of these are sponsored by
yarn shops that have donated door prizes.  You can make a small items
during the two hours you are there, and toss it into one of the collection
boxes.

Sponsored by the Dallas Hand Knitters Guild, with assistance from Half
Price Books.

                         ---= Morgan, shill

"Put duties aside at least an hour before bed and perform
 soothing, quiet activities that will help you relax."
                                           ---= Dianne Hales