[Elfsea] Steppes Herbal Guild Meeting 09/08/03

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Mon Sep 8 07:44:04 PDT 2003

Good Gentles,
The Steppes Herbal Guild will meet at the home of Lady Fionnuala the Fey
(Nuala) at 7:30 PM. Lady Clare Wynter will have a presentation on Period
Herb Mixtures. We will be grinding herbs and everyone will get a sample
of the mixtures to take home. Please bring a mortar and pestle if you
have one.
Please feel free to bring snacks and refreshments. We have fun at our
meetings and hope you can attend. The address and directions are given
below.
While Lady Nuala is a smoker, the house will be thoroughly deodorized and
no smoking will be allowed indoors during the meeting. A smoking area
will be provided outdoors.
In service,
Lady Fionnuala the Fey "Nuala"
Our House
440 South Westmoreland Road
Dallas, TX 75211
Directions from Carrollton-Lewisville Area
Take I-35E south. At the Loop 12 – I-35E split, take Loop 12 south. The
three right lanes exit to Loop 12. After you pass I-30, there are two (2)
exits for Jefferson. You will take the second Jefferson exit, which is
Jefferson east. There will be a signal for Loop 12 on the east side of
the bridge. The third signal after that is Westmoreland Road. Turn right
on Westmoreland. On your right is a church (it is on the corner of
Jefferson & Westmoreland). After you turn the corner, there are two (2)
entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the
church building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn
right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across
from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the
front yard.
Take I-35E south. Exit Mockingbird and turn right (west). Mockingbird
becomes Westmoreland after you cross the Trinity. After you go under
I-30, you will have signals at the following intersections, Fort Worth
Avenue, Davis Street, and Jefferson Boulevard. After you cross Davis, get
in the right lane. After you cross Jefferson, you will see a church on
the corner on your right. There are two (2) entrances to the church’s
parking lot. The first one is at the end of the church building and the
second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn right into the second
parking lot entrance. You will be directly across from our house. It is a
brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the front yard.
>From Downtown, Mesquite, etc.
Please note that there is construction on I-30 and that many times
in the evening, the Hampton-Westmoreland exit is closed!!
Take your best route to I-30 west. Exit at Sylvan and turn left at the
light. I think Jefferson is the fifth signal. (There is one signal on the
other side of I-30, then Kings Highway, Davis Street, Tenth Street then
Jefferson Boulevard.) Turn right on Jefferson. Westmoreland is the fifth
(I hope!?) light. In any event, after you cross Hampton Road (signal at
this intersection), the next signal will be Westmoreland Road. Turn left
on Westmoreland. You will see a church on the corner on your right. There
are two (2) entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at
the end of the church building and the second one is at the end of the
parking lot. Turn right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be
directly across from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese
maple in the front yard.
Please note that these directions may not be
reliable due to the construction in the area and
the fact that many times the Hampton-Westmoreland exit
will be closed!! If you try this way and the exit
is closed, see #3 below for alternate directions.
Take your best route to I-30 west. Exit Hampton – Westmoreland. This exit
has not been modified except for removal of the tollbooths since I-30 was
a toll road so this exit is a little strange. The signs for this exit all
say Hampton until you get to the actual exit. After you exit, veer left
at the first fork and then veer right at the second. After the stop sign,
you will go up a hill. After cresting the hill, be sure to be in the left
lane. Turn left at the signal at the bottom of the hill. You are now on
Westmoreland Road. After you go under I-30 (there is a signal on the
other side of the underpass), you will have signals at the following
intersections, Fort Worth Avenue, Davis Street and Jefferson Boulevard.
After you cross Davis, get in the right lane. After you cross Jefferson,
you will see a church on the corner on your right. There are two (2)
entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the
church building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn
right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across
from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the
front yard.
Take I-30 West and exit Cockrell Hill. Turn left (south) at the light and
proceed south to Jefferson Blvd. I am not sure how many signals there
are. It is the next signal after Davis. Turn left (east) on Jefferson.
The second light is Westmoreland. Turn right on Westmoreland. You will
see a church on the corner (on your right). There are two (2) entrances
to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the church
building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn right
into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across from
our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the front
yard.
If these directions are not sufficient, you can go to www.mapquest.com
for directions or you may call Nuala (214-330-8518).