[Elfsea] Keller Demo Thank-Yous and recap

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Sun Sep 14 11:01:47 PDT 2003

Well, yesterday turned out to be a great day for a demo and for fighting at
the Keller Public Library.  For all of you who turned out, I want to say
"Thank You" in a very heartfelt manner.  For the Third straight year, we
have been the center-piece of their little demo (in fact, their coordinator
said she didn't think it would be successful IF we weren't there!  That
should make all of us feel good!) and we have already been invited back for
their 4th Medieval Faire next year.  So start planning.

The weather cooperated perfectly for all the fighters, both heavy and light
and I want to thank all those who were there.  In the heavy lists, we had
Earl Drake, Mistress Stella, His Next-cllency Armand Dragonetti, Colete,
Tomas, Tristan, Conner, Louis, Finn, Irina and 2 others whose names escape
me at the moment.  In the rapier list, we had Don Valentyn, Dirk the Just,
Rixende, Seamus, Caelin, and one other whose name also escapes me.  To those
people, I humbly apologize.

Pyro, Genevieve, Aeryn Robin, Siobhan and her mother, Wormy, Her
Next-cllency Amilene, Siobhan ui Neill. Brighid Ni Sheachnasigh and Mistress
Stella all had wonderful demos going on.  Tara, Don Alaric, Daniel Stewart,
their next-cellenices children, Colete's children, and again a couple of
others whose names I missed aided and assisted and made this a wonderful
event.  Mistress Stella and I had classes scheduled, but mine got
pre-emptied by two wonderful ladies from the Greater Fort Worth Herbal
Society, so I yielded to them.  There was even live harp music by the
MicheMalou Celtic Harps (a wonder to listen to) and wee ones from La Touche
Fencing fencing in-between our bouts.

And to top it off, we had, at last count, 14 -- that's right, FOURTEEN --
people to show enough interest in us to ask for more information.

And special thanks to Lady Sibri for providing two photo albums of Elfsea
history for display!

This is starting to be one of our bigger recruiting events, so if you were
not able to make it out this year, please plan on it for next year.  As
things progress, I will keep everyone informed!

Lord Ceatta o Gulcleth
Demo Coordinator, Barony of Elfsea