[Elfsea] Fighting Shield Question

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Fri Apr 2 09:04:25 PST 2004

Greetings Scott!

I remember your first day in loaner armor and had noticed you'd not been
back in awhile. I am pleased you're mundane work issues may allow you more
time for the SCA. You can find a wealth of research info regarding names and
such at the Academy of St. Gabriel:

http://www.s-gabriel.org/

Click on the Academy Library or go there directly at:
http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/
There are many other resources in addition to St. Gabriel's, but I'd
recommend it as a good starting place.

As for the shield basket position, you are correct that you will want to
hang it so as to best protect your head. And with your arm in a position
that reduces fatigue (ie, a natural resting, comfortable position) I agree
with Morgan, it's much easier to assist with this in person. You might also
try visiting the list archives to review past public messages. They can be
found at: http://www.ansteorra.org/pipermail/elfsea/

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you again soon. I highly recommend
joining in the fun at Springfaire on April 10 if at all possible.

Baron Armand