[Elfsea] Herbal Guild Meeting

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Mon Apr 12 00:42:42 PDT 2004

Good Gentles,
The April Herbal Guild Meeting will be held at Lady Nuala's on April 12,
2004 beginning at 7:30 P.M.  Contributions of various items to snack on
will be gratefully accepted and will, quite possibly, disappear as if by
magic!  I will have iced tea & lemonade.  Also, I will make fresh coffee
or hot tea if anyone wants it.  I'm not sure about coming up with snacks
but will have to see what I can to.  (For me tomorrow is long range
planning!)
We are very excited about the upcoming Herbal Guild Meetings. For the
next four to six months or possibly longer, we will be doing an ongoing
course on paper making and bookbinding. We will begin with an overview of
the process, materials, tools, techniques, etc. The first meeting will be
in lecture format and will cover history and definitions, i.e., what is
and is not paper. Our goal is not only to make paper but to make as much
of the equipment as we can for paper making. When we have made sufficient
paper to make into books, we will move into the bookbinding process. Lady
Anne the Spinster has expertise in paper making and bookbinding and will
be leading this course. This will be a fun (and sometimes messy!) group
of meetings.
We ask that you let us know if you plan to attend these meeting so we
will have sufficient materials and handouts for the attendees. You may
let me know via e-mail (lizdenpeters at juno.com) or by telephone
(214-330-8518 ~ 9 AM to 11 PM).
The first meeting in this series will be at Lady Nuala's house at 7:30
PM. Directions follow below.
YIS,
Lady Fionnuala the Fey "Nuala"
Acting Head of the Steppes Herbal Guild
And
Lady Liadan Breagh
Acting Head of the Steppes Herbal Guild
Address: 440 South Westmoreland Road
Dallas, TX 75211-5133
Telephone: 214-330-8518
LADY NUALA IS A SMOKER; HOWEVER, THE HOUSE WILL BE THOROUGHLY DEODORIZED
FOR THOSE WITH ALLERGIES. A smoking area will be set up outside for those
who do smoke.
Directions from Carrollton-Lewisville Area
Take I-35E south. At the Loop 12 – I-35E split, take Loop 12 south. The
three right lanes exit to Loop 12. After you pass I-30, there are two (2)
exits for Jefferson. You will take the second Jefferson exit, which is
Jefferson east. There will be a signal for Loop 12 on the east side of
the bridge. The third signal after that is Westmoreland Road. Turn right
on Westmoreland. On your right is a church (it is on the corner of
Jefferson & Westmoreland). After you turn the corner, there are two (2)
entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the
church building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn
right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across
from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the
front yard.
Take I-35E south. Exit Mockingbird and turn right (west). Mockingbird
becomes Westmoreland after you cross the Trinity. After you go under
I-30, you will have signals at the following intersections, Fort Worth
Avenue, Davis Street and Jefferson Boulevard. After you cross Davis, get
in the right lane. After you cross Jefferson, you will see a church on
the corner on your right. There are two (2) entrances to the church’s
parking lot. The first one is at the end of the church building and the
second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn right into the second
parking lot entrance. You will be directly across from our house. It is a
brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the front yard.
>From Downtown, Mesquite, etc.
Please note that the directions given below are approximate.  Due to the
fact that this is a construction area, I cannot guarantee the accuracy
since the openings & closings of the various exits from Beckley to
Cockrell Hill seem to change on a daily basis.  Please call if you need
alternate directions.
Take your best route to I-30 west. Exit Hampton – Westmoreland. This exit
has not been modified except for removal of the tollbooths since I-30 was
a toll road so this exit is a little strange. The signs for this exit all
say Hampton until you get to the actual exit. After you exit, veer left
at the first fork and then veer right at the second. After the stop sign,
you will go up a hill. After cresting the hill, be sure to be in the left
lane. Turn left at the signal at the bottom of the hill. You are now on
Westmoreland Road. After you go under I-30 (there is a signal on the
other side of the underpass), you will have signals at the following
intersections, Fort Worth Avenue, Davis Street and Jefferson Boulevard.
After you cross Davis, get in the right lane. After you cross Jefferson,
you will see a church on the corner on your right. There are two (2)
entrances to the church’s parking lot. The first one is at the end of the
church building and the second one is at the end of the parking lot. Turn
right into the second parking lot entrance. You will be directly across
from our house. It is a brown brick Tudor with a Japanese maple in the
front yard.
Or you can go to www.mapquest.com for directions. If you have questions,
call.