[Elfsea] why you guys do what you do

Crandall crandall at elfsea.net
Fri Apr 30 07:07:59 PDT 2004

Looky, he changed the subject line!!

>But I'd love to see the movie with friends.
>Count me and the kids in.  What can I do to help you instigate?

Instigation is something that needs to be planned well and in doing this it eventually becomes spontaneous.

>How do you explain why you guys do what you do?

Explaining would take all the fun out of it. Most of us do what feels right. Like putting a cloak on a shivering friend, helping with an ice chest, taking down a pavilion. Many times I hear, "Crandall, you do not have to do this" and I agree, I do not HAVE to do it. In fact, were I required to do many of the things that I do, I might grow to resent them. I just know that I must do them.

>Only answer I have is that it has to be genetic somewhere from the past. It is when the spirit and blood find the spark between the two and the mind allows you to explode with creativity.

I agree, we are sick.

>Friends are blessings just waiting to run away and rest so they can come back to do it all again.

Many of us have run away to find that living is not what we were taught by others. Living is what we have learned from ourselves.
The search for the meaning of life and happiness is the meaning of life and happiness.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Crandall