[Elfsea] Gulf War Gifts

Ameline Dubois ameline at generich.com
Wed Aug 18 16:09:35 PDT 2004

  Greeting Mistress Stella and all of Elfsea,
     Baroness Michelle has requested this new plan for gift baskets at war.
The past plan of "just bring your basket to war and give it to the Crown by
the second day of war" was not working. Some baronies spent time and money
on these baskets and did a great job, other baronies gave flee market buys
and second hand feast gear,and a few baronies refused or forgot to
participate. When the baskets were given out they were not even,
True story one war one Crown gift was a full table setting of majolica
pottery linen table cloth and a chest to put it in, the next Crown's gift
was 2 bars of soap, lotion and a hand towel in a cloth sack. Each gift is
good but in on way even.
At times the Crown had to scramble to buy things at war if they were a gift
short or take stuff from some baskets to even out others . To solve this
problem  Ansteorra has chosen to ask the baronies to give 18 or 19 things
that are the same or similar, these things are to be in the Crown's hands 10
to 20 days *before* war. This lets the Crown know what they are giving and
lets them make more uniform gifts.
Ameline
Lady Elfsea