[Elfsea] Newcomer's Workshop - Sucess!

Sabine le Curter purpleermine at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 18:00:36 PDT 2004

Greetings Elfsea from your very tired but extremely happy Hospitaler!

I am pleased to announce that our Newcomer's Workshop was a complete
success.  It has just ended with the last bit of the group heading
over to Steppes for Truly's concert.  We started today early but with
smiles on our faces, and with a long but very productive day ahead of
us.  Here is the really special news - throughout the day we had 32
people join us, of which 21 were new to Elfsea!

I would like to think my "old timers" that supported me in this
endeavor and stepped in to teach things I couldn't.  Her Excellency
Ameline was there to assist in the district, and in the afternoon
taught her Italian Sari class. HL Rixende assisted in the district
this morning with fabric choices, and then in the afternoon taught
basic costuming. HL Philip assisted with fabric choices in the
district, and demonstrated hand sewing and beading in the afternoon.
Centurion Tomas joined us in the afternoon, and taught a beginner's
heraldic class. Lady Eleanor was also present to answer questions
about bardic activities in Elfsea.

A special thanks goes to my fellow Hospitalers who showed up to help.
Lady Sarah, The Steppes Hospitaler, has supported me throughout the
planning and was there again today for help and support.  My Deputy,
Genna, also showed this morning despite the early hour. Lord Domhnall,
Deputy Kingdom Hospitaler, arrived in the afternoon and helped out.

And least but not least, to all the newcomers who made it out today.
Thank You.  You have given us a chance to share with you what we love
so much.  I hope that you left today with some of your questions
answered and a good sense of who we are.  I know that you will have
more questions and I am always available to answer them.  What I don't
know, I can find out. There is a wealth of information out there - the
only thing you have to do is ask.  As I said today I do have an Elfsea
Newcomers Yahoo Group that has quite a few handouts to read and I am
constantly adding to the links section.  If you are interested email
me and I can get you access.

Again thanks to everyone for coming out.  If I forgot someone I am
deeply sorry, my brain can't really get around any thoughts besides my
sore feet.

See you tomorrow at fighter practice!

Ever in Service (and in need of a good foot soaking),

Lady Sabine le Curter
Elfsea Hospitaler and Chronicler