[Elfsea] Newcomer's Workshop

Sabine le Curter purpleermine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:25:44 PDT 2004

Greeting Elfsea!

Saturday, August 28th will be our Newcomer's Workshop.  We are
starting at 8:30 am at Tomas and Rixende's Home.  We will spend the
morning in the Fabric District and if time and interest allows we will
stop at the sari shop on the way back.  After lunch, we will head back
to the house for the SCA 101 class.  We will cover SCA etiquette,
where to start looking for research on a name/persona, costuming
research, and Eventing 101 (what to pack and what to expect)

The day is open to any and all, both old and new.  If you want to come
to join us for just the fabric trip, please do.

Directions to Tomas and Rixende's

>From 183 in Bedford you will exit Central Dr and turn South.

Once you turn onto Central the high school stadium is on your right.

Tomas and Rix live on Chattanooga (5th street on the right) – Turn right.

The address is 2017 Chattanooga, and it is the 3rd house on the right!

Here is the link to the mapquest map: http://tinyurl.com/7xsod

On the same note, the Hospitaler's office is currently putting
together a Newcomer's Handbook that will also be the basis for the new
Hospitaler's website that is in the works.  Both myself and my deputy
are scouring the internet looking for items and articles to include.
If anyone in the Barony has written (or knows someone else who has)
something that could be of use to a Newcomer - please let me know.  I
would love to have words from our populace included in the handbook.

If you have any questions - I can be reached by email or by phone
(817-675-6313).

--
Ever in Service,

Lady Sabine le Curter