[Elfsea] Gothic Wars - September 3-6

Sabine le Curter purpleermine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 10:27:41 PDT 2004

His Excellency has requested the presence of his populace at Gothic
Wars. We have a number of options that are open to us.

Here is what we have worked out for meals:

Meals: $25 a head for the weekend (7 meals). Any leftover funds to be
donated to the Barony. Kids under 10 - $13.

We also have a "Just Dinner" option which is $6 per person per day.

Breakfast- Sat, Sun, Mon: Fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, power bread
(fruit/nut bread) juice tea coffee. Breakfast can start at 7:00 am and
end around 8:30 or 9:00 am depending on armor inspection and fighting
schedule

Lunch- Sat & Sun: meats, cheeses, pickles, fresh veggies & dip, hummus
& pita, salad (Greek style with feta & vinaigrette), condiments,
lemonade, iced tea, and something sweet for dessert, maybe shortbread
or gingerbread or cookies. Lunch from 11-1 to cover the lunch break
and can go later if the schedule gets off.

Dinner-

Sat: roast chicken & veggies, hearty bread, black rice, lemonade, iced
tea, and some dessert that keeps everyone cool- maybe a mousse or
chilled fruit sorbet.

Sun: pork loin, peas, medieval applesauce, hearty rye, lemonade, iced tea.

Camping Options:

The site has electricity and water hookups.  There is plenty of room
for tents or for RVs.  If the populace wants to we can bring out Big
Blue to setup as a communal sleeping tent.  This idea would work best
if individuals would be willing to loan the tent air conditioners for
the weekend.  We would also need someone willing to pick up Big Blue
get it out to site and then make sure it got back to the shed.

I have heard different information about hotels in the area.  I had
heard that all rooms in Coleman, TX were booked and that to get a room
you would have to go to Brownwood, TX which was 40 mins away.  Yet
Elizabeth and Caius were able to get a room this week in Coleman, so
hopefully others can as well.

Our Deadlines are as follows:

If you plan on attending and staying onsite I need to have this
information to the autocrat by Aug 22nd.  I will need to be able to
tell her - who is staying on site and approximate size of tents.  I
will also need to pass on how many RVs or campers we plan on bringing
out.

Meal Plan reservations have to be in and paid for by the same date as
well.  Email me to reserve your spot, and we can then work out where
to meet to get your money turned in on time.

Event and Site Information:

When: Sept 3-6 (Labor Day Weekend)
Where: Hords Creek Lakeside, GS 6 & 7
Site opens: 4pm Friday, Sept 3rd
Site Closes: noon Monday, Sept 6th
Site Fees: 	$10/ Adult
             		$7/age 13-18
               		$6/age 5-12
Children under 5 are free
Family cap = 3 adult fees, not including NMS

This is a gated state park.  The gates will close at 10:00 PM.  If you
arrive between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM there will be a shuttle to take
you and your belongings to site.  After 2:00 AM no one will allowed
onsite until 6:00 AM the next day.  I suggest that if at all possible
getting onsite before 10:00 PM, and with the site being only 2.5 to 3
hours away this should not be a problem for most.

Ever in Service,

Sabine