[Elfsea] demo opportunity

Ldy Colleen O'Kelly ldycolleenokelly at juno.com
Fri Dec 3 08:04:48 PST 2004

The Hastings store in Abilene, TX has invited the SCA to put on a Demonstration in front of their store for the night that King Arthur, the 2004 movie, comes out on video and DVD.  The exact date is December 21, 2004 (this is a Tuesday night). Why a Tuesday you ask?  Well cause that's the night the store releases new movies.
*Big sigh*  I know it was sounding cool until then, cause just like you, I work in the mundane life as well.  That is why I am posting this early so that I can request time off from work.  :)  Hint hint.
I would like to work this so that it would be a late afternoon/evening time around 5-6ish to 8-9ish.  I know this would be a great opportunity for the fighters to "show off" there stuff.  And I now have contact
information for a photo journalist with the Abilene newspaper and I know he would be interested in doing a story. This is a great opportunity to promote the SCA and a really cool way of doing it.

Sounds tempting, doesn't it?  Well, get pumped up, get excited, get out that armor and shine, shine, shine.  Or don't and you'll look like you fit right into the movie.  Hehe. There are only 2 local (Abilene) Heavy fighters and about 5 Light fighters.  I need more fighters than this to really give it a good turn out.

Please consider this carefully and contact me if you wish to participate. Please pass the word.

Here is the official website for the King Arthur Movie

http://kingarthur.movies.go.com/mainsite.html

In service to the Kingdom of Ansteorra,
Lady RowanMazey MacBranian mag Labruin
Shire of Mendersham Hospitaler