[Elfsea] Guess what I got for Christmas???

Christine Huse dchuse at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 18 22:19:10 PST 2004

Hola!

Phelippe gave me my Christmas present tonight.  He managed to barter
trade for services with the local video owner. I just absolutely love
him! :-D  It's something I've been wanting for over a year....

I got "Mad Love" on DVD!!  (Squeal!!)

What is "Mad Love"??  It's the story of Juna la Loca (Joan the the Mad).

Juana was Queen Isabella's first daughter who was married to the
Archduke of Austria, Philip.  She fell desperately in love with him and
unfortunately, he did not return her love.  Instead, he was a womanizer
who had affairs with any woman who would want him (and that was nearly
everybody...he was good looking and an incredible lover).  After he died
(of STD), Juana went from town to town burying him and exhuming him (so
she could go on to the next town and do it all over again).

We just got through watching it. WOW!!! Great costuming, the acting was
great and they followed history.  This is a must own!

Word of warning...This only comes with English subtitles (as the film
was made in Spain, but the subtitles are large and easy to read) and
this is definately not a movie for children (lots of nudity and sexual
content)..

Do I hear movie night??  :-D

Maria