[Elfsea] Unpadded Glaive

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Sun Feb 15 05:49:18 PST 2004

It was a joke, Wilim...look at my eye...it's winking...wink wink...

Valentyn

  _____

From: elfsea-bounces at ansteorra.org [mailto:elfsea-bounces at ansteorra.org] On
Behalf Of Adam Edwards
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 4:38 AM
To: Barony of Elfsea
Subject: Re: [Elfsea] Unpadded Glaive

Actually I wouldn't wrap tape around the end you are going to hold. :)

IIRC,  Maximum 7.5 feet including thrusting tips.  Tip should be standard 2"
OD Thrustie.  (Not the 1.25" Low Profile or 3" Spear tip).  Same as with
swords the Thrusties must be red.  The 'blade' is generally the last 2 feet.
Wrapped in Strapping and Duct tape with a contrasting Color to represent the
Striking edge.  I say Thrusties because it can have a 'butt spike'.

In a sense Valentyn is correct in that HE Galen has a very good glaive that
has the grip section of the haft wrapped in duct tape over a 3/16" thick
length of spirally wound rope.  Check with local fighters for advice on
making a good, durable, 2" thrusting tip.

YiS,

    Wilim