[Elfsea] Hope to see everyone at Gulf

Oscar H. Carmichael wolfdoc at cox.net
Wed Feb 25 09:42:55 PST 2004

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the list.  I'll be at GW this March and hope to see everyone there.   Been trying to keep up with the list, but I get bounced sometimes for some reason that no one can figure out yet is why you may hear from me off & on.  I've been busy dealing with the VA still, one of my claims has made it to Washington D.C. so who knows how long that will take to be worked on, though I hear they just passed a ruling that they actually have a time limit to processing claims (Wow, who would have ever though that one up {sarcastically speaking}).

    I know this is off topic, but if anyone knows of any jobs, in or out of the government, that would deal with Occupational Rehab, Drug Rehab, or along those lines can you please contact me off list.  Mom lost her job recently and the great state of FL has privatized its rehab programs to cut back on state costs and such so jobs are limited here for her.  Dad is looking at losing his job too due to this area is in a recession and less people are buying cars at this time.  In short, they are looking like they are willing to move for the work and I'm about the same now with the problems I'm having with the local VA and the care I've been receiving or lack of.  Thank you in advance.

    Well I will make it a point to make it to camp and spend some time between what shifts I can muscle in working with the Chirurgeonate and if I can pick up any trainees.  Needless to say there are not allot of people interested in this area about the Chirurgeonate but they do support having one is the good thing.  Till I see everyone at Gulf War XIII.

In Service,
HL Robert Carmichael, CSM
Better known as "Croaker"